Project Proposal Application Form
The Project Proposal Application Form is an official form for filmmakers to request the GFC or any other government body to help facilitate the completion of their project.
- Download the Project Proposal Application Form (PDF, 550 KB)
Guidelines for Location Filming in Gauteng
The GFC's Guidelines for Location Filming in Gauteng clarifies roles and responsibilities, gives filmmakers clear guidance on location filming requirements and provides information on locations with particular requirements. The document includes a locations code of conduct, tips for “green” filming, general location filming guidelines, legislation affecting filming as well as proposals for dealing with shoots that contravene permit conditions.
- Download Guidelines for Location Filming in Gauteng (PDF, 692 KB)
Guide to Getting Started in Film and TV
Getting into the film, TV and digital media industry is not only an art but a skill. To help you become a part of this exciting and evolving media landscape, the GFC has compiled a valuable Guide to Getting Started in Film and TV to help aspiring young filmmakers find entry opportunities.
A to Z Guide to Studios in Gauteng
The result of a 2010 survey of the studios available in Gauteng and what they offer, the A to Z Guide to Studios in Gauteng provides all the details needed for local and foreign filmmakers.
- Download the A to Z Guide to Studios in Gauteng (PDF, 3.8 MB)
In 2007, the Gauteng Film Commission (GFC) commissioned Project Gaullywood: Tracking the State of the Gauteng Film and TV Industry, a comprehensive investigation into the size, scope and impact of the Gauteng film production industry.
In particular this study incorporated:
- A comprehensive contextual and situational analysis of the Gauteng audiovisual market, including:
- Review of global trends, best practices and industry benchmarks
- Review of the Gauteng and South African audiovisual markets
- Sector competitiveness assessment
- Reporting on current international and national best practice as regards the activities of Film Commissions/ Offices.
This research is now widely considered one of the most comprehensive sources of sector data in the country and for the first time adequately presents the social and economic benefits that are accrued to the province through film.
- Download the Project Gaullywood Project Book (Powerpoint, 6.4 MB)
Access to Information Manual
- Download the GFC Access to Information Manual (PDF, 240 KB)
GFC Annual Reports
- Download the 2013 Annual Report (PDF, 2 MB)
- Download the 2012 Annual Report (PDF, 5.5 MB)
- Download the 2011 Annual Report (PDF, 2.2 MB)
- Download the 2010 Annual Report (PDF, 3.2 MB)
- Download the 2009 Annual Report (PDF, 5.3 MB)
- Download the 2008 Annual Report (PDF, 2 MB)
- Download the 2007 Annual Report (PDF, 6 MB)
- Download the 2006 Annual Report (PDF, 2.7 MB)